Built by: Pontiac
Jack in Merlynston, Victoria, Austrailia
Started 2 years ago as an attempt to scratch build my version of the
Lil' Stogie-and finished up as my version of the Surf Crate. I scratch
built the chassis from Evergreen, added suspension, tires and wheels--then
it sat on my work bench for about 6 months while I tried to work out
how to make the Stogie's wagon body. When I was given a Speed Wagon
body the idea hit me. Here are the details:
- CHASSIS: scratch built
- BODY: pie-sectioned 6 scale inches front to rear. Scratch built
- SUSPENSION: (front) scratch built torsion bars, axle from Monogram
Stinger, wheels AMT '56 Fairlane, tires AMT '70 Barracuda Snapfast.
(rear) axle, springs and wheelie bars--Stinger Dragster. Brakes--Revell
Funny car. Tires and wheels Tamiya 1/20 F1 car.
- INTERIOR: Scratch-built floor, side panels, arm rests, steering
column. Seats-AMT '56 Fairlane. Dashboard-AMT '40 Ford coupe. Steering
wheel and shifter, parts box.
- ENGINE: Block and Transmission--RM '95 Corvette. Injectors--Beer
Wagon. Headers--Revell Willys Gasser.
- SURF BOARD: Scratch built from tongue depressor.
- PAINT: Dupli-color Baby Blue, Humbrol water based acrylic for the