I always like this kit, I think because of inspiration from the old "Dodge Fever" that was so famous in the 60's model magazines. I wanted to do something nice with it, and it was my first project that I really used a ton of milled aluminum parts on, and it went together very nicely.
I started with the body first, by sanding it smooth and shooting it with house of Kolors Kandy Teal over a silver microflake basecoat. The windows were done in 'the Detailer" red window tinting solution. The dragster frame was prepped the same way, and then shot in H.O.K. Kandy Apple Red.
I then went to "Scale Repro's" for all the milled parts on the motor, which include the valve covers, injector scoop, blower pulleys, and magneto. The motor must weigh a pound! Other milled parts used include the beautiful multi-piece rims from Machined Aluminum Specialties, twin fire bottles mounted on the floor under the motor, and all of the fuel/water line fittings.
The rest of the kit was basically built stock, with the addition of a complete racing harness with photoetched buckles from Detail Resources, and parachute connections and lines were scratch-built from wire and metal tubing.
A lot of the kit chrome was dulled with age, so I chose to strip and spray most of it in an aluminum finish for more of that "race" look, which matched the brushed finish on the milled parts. The blower scoop was the only part done in a polished finished.
I kept the upper body removable by coming up with a straight pin mounting system through the sides of the body and into the frame. The paint came out so nice I just couldn't cover it with decals, at least not until I find some I really like!
This kit just has a killer stance, and I was pleased with its outcome at the time...I still love the results, but I think if I were to do it again today I would change a few small things, but its all part of the learning process.